2. COPYRIGHT/TRADEMARKSThe trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are the property of Kyocera and other parties. Users are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of Kyocera or such third party which may own the Marks. All information and content including any software programs available on or through the Site ("Content") is protected by copyright. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any Content available on or through the Site for commercial or public purposes.
3. HYPERLINKINGThis site may provide a link to other sites by allowing the user to leave this site to access third-party material or by bringing the third-party material into this site via "inverse" hyperlinks and framing technology (a "linked site"). Kyocera has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on a linked site. The fact that Kyocera has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, authorisation, sponsorship, or affiliation with respect to such site, its owners, or its providers. There are inherent risks in relying upon using, or retrieving any information found on the internet, and Kyocera urges you to make sure you understand these risks before relying upon, using, or retrieving any such information on a linked site.
4. NO WARRANTIESAll content, products, and services on the site, or obtained from a website to which the site is linked (a "linked site") are provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security or accuracy.
Kyocera does not endorse and is not responsible for (a) the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made through the site by any party other than Kyocera (b) any content provided on linked sites or (c) the capabilities or reliability of any product or service obtained from a linked site.
Other than as required under applicable consumer protection law, under no circumstance will Kyocera be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user's reliance on information obtained through the site or a linked site, or user's reliance on any product or service obtained from a linked site. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content available through the site, or obtained from a linked site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific opinion, advice, product, service, or other content.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR USE OF THE SITE AND LINKED SITESThe information, software, products and descriptions of services published on the site or a linked site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors, and Kyocera specifically disclaims any liability for such inaccuracies or errors. Kyocera does not warrant or represent that the content on the site is complete or up-to-date. Kyocera is under no obligation to update any content on the site. Kyocera may change the content on the site at any time without notice. Kyocera may make improvements or changes to the site at any time. You agree that Kyocera, its affiliates and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents will not be liable, whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, for any indirect, punitive, special, consequential, incidental or indirect damages (including without limitation lost profits, cost of procuring substitute service or lost opportunity) arising out of or in connection with the use of the site or a linked site, or with the delay or inability to use the site or a linked site, even if Kyocera is made aware of the possibility of such damages. this limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any viruses which may infect a user's equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorised access, theft, operator errors, strikes or other labour problems or any force majeure. Kyocera cannot and does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the web site.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR SERVICES ARRANGED THROUGH THE SITEYou agree that Kyocera is a mere agent for the providers of services available through the site, including but not limited to travel services. Any and all claims regarding any failure or breach with respect to the services offered through the site are limited to claims against any and all service providers. Kyocera hereby disclaims any liability, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, including without limitation liability for any direct, punitive, special, consequential, incidental or indirect damages, in connection with the goods or services provided by any carrier or other supplier through the site, including without limitation liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be incurred through the fault, negligent or otherwise, of such carrier or supplier and you hereby exonerate Kyocera from any liability with respect to the same.
7. LINKED INTERNET SITESKyocera prohibits caching, unauthorised hypertext links to the Site and the framing of any content available through the Site. Kyocera reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames and specifically disclaims any responsibility for the Content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Site. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site is at the user's own risk. User should be aware that Linked Sites may contain rules and regulations, privacy provisions, confidentiality provisions, transmission of personal data provisions, and other provisions that differ from the provisions provided on the Site. Kyocera is not responsible for such provisions, and expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such provisions.
8. CHANGES TO RULES AND REGULATIONSKyocera reserves the right to revise these Rules and Regulations at any time and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to these Rules and Regulations.
9. VIOLATIONS OF RULES AND REGULATIONSKyocera reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Rules and Regulations, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
10. ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site are restricted to authorised users only. Unauthorised individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
11. USE OF "COOKIE" FILE FEATURES Kyocera reserves the right to store information on a user's computer in the form of a "cookie" or similar file for purposes of modifying the Site to reflect users' preferences.
12. JURISDICTION/GOVERNING LAWUsers of this Site agree to submit to the laws of New Zealand.
This Web site is published for New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, and relates only to products issued by Kyocera in New Zealand
Copyright © 2004 - 2008 Kyocera Mita New Zealand Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Kyocera Mita New Zealand is committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information that it collects from customers, prospective employees or individuals connected with Kyocera Mita New Zealand’s customers, dealers, distributors, suppliers, service providers, contractors or agents.
Kyocera Mita New Zealand is bound by the Privacy Act 1993 which governs the collection, use, handling and disclosure of personal information.
Personal Information Collected and Purpose for Collection
What is personal Information?Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual.
What personal information is collected and why?The type of personal information collected by Kyocera Mita New Zealand includes contact details, customer inquiries, requests, complaints, service details and other transactional information, financial information and credit reporting data or credit references relating to prospective customers and existing customers, references/resumes of prospective employees, contractors, dealers, distributors and service provides, information about a customers preferences and marketing information.
Kyocera Mita New Zealand collects personal information necessary for the operation of its business and as required by law. Kyocera Mita New Zealand is a leading supplier of photocopiers, printers and consumables in New Zealand.
Kyocera Mita New Zealand will collect information from you directly unless it believes, on reasonable grounds, that:1. The information is publicly available; 2. You authorise us to collect information from someone else;3. Non compliance would not prejudice your interests;4. Non compliance is necessary to avoid prejudice to the maintenance of the law or the enforcement of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty or for the protection of the public revenue or for the conduct of proceedings before any Court or Tribunal (commenced or reasonably in contemplation)5. Compliance would prejudice the purposes of collection;6. Compliance is not reasonably practicable;7. The information will not identify you or will be used for statistical or research purposes and will not be published in a form that could reasonably be expected to identify you
Your personal information may be collected as a part of marketing and promotional activities which may include special offers or prizes for individuals or organisations participating. The information may be used to contact the participant in relation to the special offer or prize or to market and promote Kyocera products, services or events. If you do not wish us to use the personal information for direct marketing purposes, then you should notify us.When you visit the Kyocera Mita New Zealand website www.kyoceramita.co.nz, the server may log the following visitor information:1. The type of browser and operating system you are using2. Your domain name3. The address of any linked site which referred you to Kyocera Mita New Zealand's website4. Your server’s IP address (the number unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet)5. The date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed and any document you downloaded.
This information is collected and used for statistical analysis or computer systems administration purposes. This information is accessed by Kyocera Mita New Zealand's IT System Administrator.
If you complete any of the on-line Forms at Kyocera Mita New Zealand website www.kyoceramita.co.nz, the personal information provided by you is collected for business purposes to enable Kyocera Mita New Zealand to contact you and provide you with the technical support information relating to product requested. If you don’t provide the information requested, we will not be able to provide the technical product support information requested.
Kyocera Mita New Zealand may also use the contact details provided to market, promote and deliver information about Kyocera products, services or events. If you do not want your personal information to be used for such purposes, you should notify us.
If you send Kyocera Mita New Zealand an email or provide us with an email address, we will record the email address. The email address will be used to communicate with you electronically as part of our business dealings with you. If you don’t provide us with your email address, we will not be able to communicate with your electronically.
The email address will be added to our contacts database or mailing list and may be used to market, promote or deliver information about Kyocera products, services or events. If you do not want your personal information used for such purposes, you should notify us.
We use third-party advertising technology to serve ads when you visit our website and sites upon which we advertise. This technology uses non-personal information about your visits to this website and the sites upon which we advertise (not including your name, address, or other personal information) to serve ads to you. In the course of delivering advertisements, a unique third-party cookie may be placed or recognized on your browser. In addition, we use web beacons, provided by our ad-serving partner, to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable our ad server to recognize a browser's cookie when a browser visits this site, and to learn which banner ads bring users to our website. The information collected and used by this technology is not personally identifiable. To learn more about this technology and how to "opt-out" from having non-personal information used to serve you ads, please go to http://www.doubleclick.com/us/corporate/privacy.
Use and Disclosure of Personal InformationKyocera Mita New Zealand uses and discloses personal information held by it (including information transferred out of New Zealand) for the primary business purposes for which the information is collected as outlined above. In addition, we may also use and disclose the information for the purpose of marketing, promoting or delivering information about Kyocera products, services or events. We may disclose the information to a third party who is undertaking marketing research or customers surveys on our behalf. If you are a contact person for a Kyocera Mita New Zealand customer, dealer, distributor, service provider or supplier, personal information about you may be used to administer, develop and maintain our business relationship with the organisation which you represent or third parties. If in connection with a Kyocera Mita New Zealand dealer, distributor or service provider application or an application for credit terms, you provide or we receive from a third party references including credit references which include personal information, we will only use this information for the purpose of assessing the application and obtaining appropriate insurance cover. This information will have to be disclosed to our insurance broker and insurance company for the purpose of assessing and obtaining appropriate insurance cover and may also be disclosed to Kyocera Mita New Zealand related companies located overseas for assessment.
If in connection with an employment application, you provide Kyocera Mita New Zealand with a resume or references which include personal information, we will use this information solely for recruitment purposes. We may send this information to third parties or to Kyocera Mita New Zealand related companies located overseas for assessment.
Where your personal information held by us is used or disclosed to a third party, we will take steps to ensure that the information is held, used and disclosed in compliance with the Privacy Act 1993.
Kyocera Mita New Zealand may also use or disclose (other than to you) personal information: 1. If the source of the information is a publicly available publication2. When authorised by you3. If necessary for a range of functions or activities carried out by the police and other enforcement bodies4. If necessary for the conduct of proceedings (commenced or reasonably in contemplation) before any court or tribunal5. If necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life or health or a serious and imminent threat to public health or safety6. If it is used in a form in which you are not identified or is used for statistical or research purposes and will not be published in a form that will identify you7. If the Privacy Commissioner authorises its use or disclosure
SecurityThe personal information held by Kyocera Mita New Zealand is stored in electronic and paper based form. This includes information transferred out of New Zealand. Kyocera Mita New Zealand has implemented appropriate security procedures to ensure that the personal information that it holds is secure from loss, access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse. If it is necessary for the information to be given to a person in conjunction with the provision of a service to Kyocera Mita New Zealand everything reasonably in our power will be done to prevent unauthorised use of disclosure of the information.
Kyocera Mita New Zealand will take reasonable steps, before it uses your personal information that it holds (including information transferred out of New Zealand), to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Regard will be had to the purpose for which the information is proposed to be used. Subject to legal requirements relating to the retention of documents, Kyocera Mita New Zealand will hold your personal information (including information transferred out of New Zealand) for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully used.
Correction of Personal InformationYou are entitled to request that your personal information held by Kyocera Mita New Zealand be corrected and that there be attached to the information a statement of the correction sought but not made. However, this does not apply in relation to personal information in the course of transmission by post, facsimile, email or other similar means. Information held by Kyocera Mita New Zealand includes information held by Kyocera outside of New Zealand.
If we are willing to correct your personal information, we will take such reasonable steps (if any), having regard to the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used, to ensure that the information is accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading. If practicable we will inform each person or body or agency to whom the personal information has been disclosed of the correction. If we are not willing to correct your personal information we will take such reasonable steps (if any), to attach to the information, in a manner that it will always be read with the information, any statement provided by you of the correction sought. If practicable we will inform each person or body or agency to whom the personal information has been disclosed of the action taken.
Access to Personal InformationIf Kyocera Mita New Zealand holds personal information about you, you may obtain confirmation of whether or not the information is held and have access to this information (subject to certain restrictions). Information held by Kyocera Mita New Zealand includes information held by Kyocera Mita outside of New Zealand. Kyocera Mita New Zealand has identity validation procedures in place as a part of its business practice which it uses to verify a person’s identity. When we receive your written request for access to your personal information, we validate your identity before processing your request.
Kyocera Mita New Zealand may refuse access to the personal information requested in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. For example, Kyocera Mita New Zealand may refuse to disclose information if:1. it would be likely to endanger the safety of any individual.2. the request is frivolous or vexatious, or the information requested is trivial. 3. it would disclose a trade secret (unless in the public interest).4. it would unreasonably prejudice Kyocera Mita New Zealand's commercial position (unless in the public interest).5. it would involve the unwarranted disclosure of another individual's affairs or the affairs of a deceased individual.6. it would breach a promise made to the supplier of evaluative material that the information and/or the supplier's name would be held in confidence. 7. it would be likely to prejudice the physical or mental health of an individual (being physical or mental health information and after practicable consultation with the individual's medical practitioner).8. it would be contrary to the interests of an individual under the age of 16.9. it would breach legal professional privilege.10. it would prejudice the safe custody or rehabilitation of an individual.
If access to personal information is to be denied or restricted, Kyocera Mita New Zealand will provide you with reasons for the denial or restriction to access.
If access to personal information is to be provided, Kyocera Mita New Zealand may charge you a reasonable fee for the time and costs involved in providing access. We will notify you of the fee upon receiving your request for access.
Privacy OfficerKyocera Mita New Zealand Ltd 1-3 Parkhead PlaceAlbany Auckland 1330Phone: (09) 415 4517Fax: (09) 415 4597Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the Privacy Act 1993 can be obtained from the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner’s web-site http://www.knowledge-basket.co.nz/privacy/slegisf.html.
Please enter suburb/town or post code